OSMO Top-Oil, 3058, Clear, Matt, 500ml
- A professional worktop oil designed for wooden worktops and table tops
- Provides a tough, durable, lasting finish
- Excellent resistance against liquids such as water, juices, wine, coffee, beer and fizzy drinks
- Ideal for use in high humidity areas
- Does not peel, flake, crack or blister
- Enhances the natural beauty of wood
- Based on natural oils
- Food safe when dry
- High V.O.C
Achieve a range of effects with the following Osmo worktop oil products:-
- Osmo Top Oil Matt (3058) emphasises the wood's grain and natural characteristics, and provides a warm and rich effect without a sheen
- Osmo Top Oil Satin (3028) is subtle with a noble shimmer which resembles and emphasises the wood grain modestly
- Osmo Top Oil Natural (3068) Is designed to better retain the natural, untreated look of lighter woods such as Oak, Pine, Larch and Beech. It is not recommended for use on darker exotic hardwoods such as Iroko as it may produce a slightly milky or white film effect on the surface. This is caused by the very small amount of white pigment used in the oil to retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter coloured timbers
- Osmo Top Oil Acacia (3061) is a lightly tinted version that adds a brown hue to worktops for an elegant finish
- Osmo Top Oil Graphite (3039) is a lightly tinted version that adds a dark grey hue to worktops for a stylish finish
- Osmo Top Oil Terra (3038) is a lightly tinted version that adds a dark brown hue to worktops for a rich toned finish
- Osmo Top Oil White (3037) is a lightly tinted version that adds a white hue to worktops for a brighter, whitewash or Scandinavian type finish
Ensure that real wood kitchen work surfaces and worktops are clear of dirt, debris and other contaminates before applying Osmo Top Oil.
- New or previously oiled work tops can be lightly sanded back to a 120-150 grit finish
- To remove existing paint or varnishes, use a suitable paint and varnish remover
- Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes with Osmo Interior Wood Filler, Osmo Interior Gap Sealer or Osmo Repair Kit
- For additional moisture protection, wood can be treated with Osmo Wood Protector (4006) before oiling, if desired. Please note that this product cannot be used as a base-coat for the 'White 3037' or 'Natural 3068' top oils as it will change the intended, final finish of these products.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Osmo Top Oil is ready to use and does not require thinning. Stir well before use.
- Apply the worktop oil thinly along the wood grain using an Osmo Easy Pads, Osmo Soft Tip Brush or clean, lint-free cloth
- Work the oil into the surface of the wood grain
- Remove any excess surface oil with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Allow to dry appropriately with good ventilation
- Lightly denib the surface if required taking care to remove all dust that this may create
- Apply a thin second coat as above
The grain of the wood is enhanced once this product has been applied and if the final finish is not shiny enough, buffing it with a cloth will create a sheen. Because the natural oils and waxes penetrate deep into the surface they help to keep the wood supple thus preventing it from getting dry and brittle, therefore reducing swelling and shrinkage.
If a deeper satin finish is required, the oiled surface can be polished with Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner once the surface has fully dried.
Oiled surfaces should never be cleaned with steam cleaners, harsh household detergents or cleaners. These cleaning products will likely degrade the finish and its performance.
Kitchen work surfaces and table tops that have been treated with Osmo Top Oil can be cleaned with Osmo Wash And Care and a damp, lint-free cloth, then wiped dry. Alternatively, use Osmo Spray Cleaner (8026)
Stubborn marks and stains can be removed by using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner, that both cleans and regenerates oiled surfaces.
Renovating, even partially, is easy. Just clean and re-treat worn areas with a thin coat of Osmo Top Oil - no sanding, no repair marks and no removal of previous Top Oil finish is required. No repair marks will be visible if applied thinly and appropriately.